Candice's Music Studio
I believe that music is the greatest tool humans have to foster connection with themselves and humanity. Therefore, my goal is to help you find the best means of musical expression. I have been teaching private lessons to students of all ages and levels for the past ten years. My focus is on a holistic approach to music making. Thanks to my extensive music education training, I am able to construct a learning environment that works best for the student. It is my goal to make you the best musician you can be in a healthy, productive environment.
I come from a unique background of pop, gospel and classical training. I believe in solution-based vocal teaching with a strong emphasis on a healthy, positive, balanced mental approach to singing. I also strongly believe in the proper alignment and proper use of the body. Voice should be a study all about you, and I make sure that we are working to achieve your specific goals.
Beginner Piano Lessons
I love to build a musical foundation for adults and young students through the study of beginning piano. I use the Faber and Faber Piano Adventures curriculum. In our lessons we focus on three aspects of music making: proper playing technique, the study of written music theory, and basic composition. I do this in order to promote holistic music making for all of my students.
My credentials include:
- Bachelor of Music Education degree from Seton Hill University
- Master of Music degree in Vocal Performance from Duquesne University
- 10 years of private lesson teaching experience
- 4 years of school teaching experience
- Vocal director for multiple musicals
- 8 years of church music experience
- 1 year of continuing-education college teaching experience
- 7 years of choral directing experience
- Orff-Schulwerk Level 1 Training
- Kindermusik License
I currently only travel to student's homes in the New York City Area for lessons. If you are interested in my online option, please visit my Online Lessons Page.